Experienced And Knowledgeable Environmental Law Lawyers
The environmental practice group at Demetriou, Del Guercio, Springer & Francis, LLP, is one of Southern California’s leading environmental practices. Our skilled and knowledgeable attorneys provide counseling on environmental permitting, regulatory compliance and impact requirements under federal, state and local laws. We represent our clients before federal, state and local agencies in connection with administrative permitting and enforcement proceedings, and we also provide litigation services on matters arising out of environmental issues in federal and state courts.
With the continually changing and growing environmental regulatory framework, the attorneys of Demetriou, Del Guercio, Springer & Francis, LLP, are often at the cutting edge of environmental legal issues. Unlike other firms, several attorneys of Demetriou, Del Guercio, Springer & Francis, LLP, have degrees in engineering and scientific disciplines, and experience in manufacturing, engineering and scientific fields.
This provides a significant advantage as we have established that a strong scientific and technical proficiency translates to obtaining effective results for our clients in dealings with private parties, public entities and regulatory agencies. Further, having worked closely with numerous environmental and engineering consultants, as well as a variety of regulatory agencies, we have the background and experience to obtain efficient resolutions and solutions for our clients.
Assistance For A Spectrum Of Environmental Issues
In the rapidly expanding and evolving areas of environmental law, one of the most difficult tasks for clients is to remain current with the complex laws and regulations. Demetriou, Del Guercio, Springer & Francis, LLP, assists its clients in maintaining up-to-date knowledge with such environmental requirements and opportunities.
Our environmental law practice includes the representation of a diverse set of clients that include public entities and special districts; investors, owners and developers of real property; manufacturing companies; oil and gas producers, refiners and marketers; importers and distributors; and private individuals. Through our specialized knowledge and experience, the firm effectively assists its clients in achieving their goals and objectives.
Our environmental law attorneys are experienced in all aspects of environmental law, including but not limited to:
- Counseling and representation in connection with potential environmental liabilities and litigation, including the defense of administrative, civil and criminal enforcement actions brought under the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Hazardous Substance Account Act (HSAA), hazardous waste control law, the Porter-Cologne Water Quality Act (PCWQA), Proposition 65, and other federal and state laws as well as the prosecution and defense of complex toxic tort actions and all forms of federal and state environmental cleanup and remediation, cost recovery and contribution actions, substantial and imminent endangerment actions, and related state law claims for contamination
- Water law, including Clean Water Act and Porter-Cologne Water Quality Act compliance, stormwater permitting and management, wastewater treatment, disposal and permitting, waste discharge requirements, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) issues, and counseling and representation before the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) and various California Regional Water Quality Control Boards (RWQCBs), including the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB)
- Compliance with federal, state and local agency statutes and regulations, including permitting associated with storage, treatment or disposal of hazardous waste, and aboveground and underground hazardous material and petroleum products storage tanks
- Compliance with hazardous materials planning and emergency response requirements, Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) and other reporting obligations, and related compliance obligations such as fire safety, including counseling and representation before certified uniform program agencies (CUPAs)
- Air quality and air emissions regulation, including Clean Air Act compliance, new source review, permitting, including permits to construct and permits to operate, emissions trading, indoor air quality, consumer products VOC content regulation, and counseling and representation before the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and various air quality management districts (AQMDs), including the South Coast AQMD
- Locating and obtaining insurance coverage for historic environmental claims and negotiating environmental insurance coverage for future projects
- Brownfields development, including deed and land-use restrictions, successor liability, prospective purchaser agreements, covenants not to sue, the prior implementation of the Polanco Redevelopment Act and now its successor statutes, and related issues affecting the use and development of contaminated properties
- Natural resources, including natural resource damage assessment and litigation, wetlands, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and water compliance and litigation
- Environmental due diligence in corporate and real estate transactions, including Phase I and Phase II site assessments and complex due diligence investigations, including the management and mitigation of environmental risks and liabilities
Call Today To Learn More
Call our office in Los Angeles today at 213-624-8407 or fill out our contact form.