Mr. Langa’s practice focuses primarily on environmental and real estate law. Mr. Langa has a strong background in the environmental field and is readily familiar with both the technical and legal issues surrounding environmental matters. In this regard, Mr. Langa’s practice has encompassed environmental and general business litigation, environmental compliance, and environmental legislative and regulatory updates. In these matters, Mr. Langa represents individuals, public and private companies, and governmental entities.
Mr. Langa is an effective and successful litigator accomplished in prosecuting and defending claims in both civil and administrative arenas. Further, Mr. Langa often assists private parties and public entities in the acquisition of and development of properties, particularly when such transactions are complicated by environmental concerns. Mr. Langa works closely with experts and consultants and supervises their work product in both litigation and general transactional settings. Mr. Langa also regularly communicates and negotiates with regulatory agency personnel. Mr. Langa is also experienced in insurance coverage issues related to environmental matters.
Mr. Langa was named a Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star in the field of Environmental Law for all years eligible, including 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 . Mr. Langa has also been a guest lecturer at regional and national National Business Institute (“NBI”) seminars and at Los Angeles Chapter of the International Right of Way Association meetings; his most recent engagement was a national teleconference seminar entitled “Commercial Leases: Environmental Requirements and Provisions.” Mr. Langa is the former Chair of the Steering Committee of the California Waste Association, Los Angeles and Orange County Chapter.
Phone: (213) 624-8407 Ext. 141
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington, J.D., 1998
- Rice University, Houston, Texas, B.S., Environmental Engineering, June, 1995
- California Bar, 1998
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1999
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, 2000
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2008
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Federal Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Environmental and Litigation Sections
- National Business Institute, Speaker
- International Right of Way Association, Chapter 1
- California Waste Association (Former Chair of Los Angeles/Orange County Steering Committee
- Harbor Association of Industry and Commerce, Governmental Affairs Committee